Autoself(TM) Time Voltage Sectionalizer TVS is built of the OVX’s high performance outdoor vacuum circuit breaker module and high speed TVX electronic sectionalizer module. The AutoSelf functionality is built on a auto-reclosing cycle count, lockout function and simple time‐voltage logic including multiple timers. It can be operated manually via push buttons and a rotate switch.
- Non-enclosed switch for extra safety
- Integrated air break switch for personal safety
- Operation On and Off with full load without electric power
- Follows the feeding substations reclosing sequence
- Easy installation
- Frame of stainless steel
WHAT IS ANAUTOSELF, TIME-VOLTAGE SECTIONALIZER
The AutoSelf functionality is built on a auto-reclosing cycle count, lockout function and simple time‐voltage logic including multiple timers. It can be operated manually via push buttons and a rotate switch.
AUTOSELF SECTIONALIZER (TVS) BUILDING BLOCKS
Hughes AutoSelf is built of the OVX’s high performance outdoor vacuum circuit breaker module and high speed TVX electronic sectionalizer module. The set-up is simply made by a PC.
Optional MODBUS serial communication and radio-GSM to the main centre are also available.
Hughes provides mounting brackets for the TVS module, VT and surge arrestors in our standard recloser mounting kit. Voltage transformer can be mounted on the same pole and provides power and the voltage control for the AutoSelf.
- AutoSelf operates without protection relay, fault pass indicator and radio, as open/close operation and monitoring are performed automatically without the need of remote control and communications;
- Up to 20,000 interruptions (one of the longest operating life on today’s market) of the well proven OVX circuit breaker module;
- AutoSelf can make and break short‐circuit currents if needed, both electronically and mechanically;
- In order to save service life of the AutoSelf and ensure the immediate restoration of the power supply, the AutoSelf operates from the second reclosing cycle. Almost 82% of transient faults are cleared during the first reclosing cycle, that is why the AutoSelf operates only from the second one;
- Several AutoSelf’s can be installed with an downstream recloser in the trunk line or branches of the overhead line to sectionalize the network in small sections;
- Hughes AutoSelf only uses a OVX vacuum circuit breaker module and a TVX control unit as contain the time‐voltage sectionalizing logic;
- When the fault is cleared, the AutoSelf unit down streams automatically closes with the incoming line voltage. There is no need to manually or remotely close the AutoSelf;
- Hughes Power AutoSelf can be easily upgraded to a recloser by simple replacement of the control cabinet;