Hughes motor drives represent a complete solution from pole to SCADA. The wide model range is designed for disconnectors and earth switches of both reciprocating (up-down motion) or torsional (rotating motion) types. The applications are from lower voltage in trams to medium voltage in railways and electrical distribution, as well as heavy motor mechanisms in high voltage disconnectors and earth switches.
The standard products can be customized with the assortment of internal components and external accessories.
- Unique motor mechanism
- Secure self-locking motor mechanism
- Easy installation and compatible with most disconnectors
- Optional automatic sectionalizing logic
- Optional remote blocking unit for locking the output shaft for extra safety
- High quality stainless steel for cabinet and parts
EOA501TVS DRIVEWITH AUTO SECTIONALIZING
EOA501TVS operating principle
Hughes EOA501TVS motor drive with auto sectionalizing functions for disconnectors in electrical distribution networks uses a Time Voltage Sectionalizing algorithm, explained in the video below.
the EOA501TVS MOTOR DRIVE WITH AUTO SECTIONALIZING HAS THE FOLLOWING advantages:
- Complete solution from a pole to SCADA system;
- Easy installation and compatible with most disconnectors;
- Compact design;
- Advanced motor mechanism that provides high operation torque with low start current when the disconnector's contacts shall open or close. Its unique design is one of the main features. The Neodymium magnetized DC motor starts rotating with high speed before the operation shaft is moving. It uses extra kinetic energy from the rotating mass as a booster in just that moment when a disconnector needs the most operation energy. The motor operation stops precise at its end position due to a regenerative function. It is a secure self locking mechanism;
- Automatic sectionalizing logic The EOA501TVS uses a Time Voltage Sectionalizing algorithm. When a fault is registered by the distribution station, its breaker trips. At the same moment, the EOA501TVS devices sense that the line voltage disappears. The first timer starts. After a pre-programmed time, all EOA501TVS open when the line is de-energized. The network is now divided into several sections. Some time later, the distribution station's circuit breaker reconnects the outgoing line. The first EOA501TVS senses that line voltage has returned. The second timer starts. After a pre-programmed time, the EOA501TVS closes the disconnector. If the line voltage disappears in a pre-programmed time window after the EOA501 has closed its disconnector, it recognizes that it has closed against the fault. The switch of the distribution station releases. The switch of the distribution station resets. At the same moment, the EOA501TVS sense that the line voltage has returned, but they do not close. The section allocation sequence is now complete;
- External cabinet (1) of highest quality stainless steel. The use of stainless steel in accordance with DIN50049 / 3.1B, thanks to its non-magnetic properties, completely eliminates the occurrence of any kind of corrosion, including electrochemical corrosion over the entire life of the cabinet.
- Special double roof (2) prevents the accumulation of the water / snow on the cabinet and protects from overheating of the internal cabinet in hot climates.
- Padlock facility (3) handle protects from unauthorized access.
- Protection lips (4) from rain water;
- Connector (5) for antenna remote control;
- Rugged pole mounting brackets (6) for different pole types
- Door alarm switch (7) activates when the door is opened and sends the signal to the SCADA system. This feature notifies about access to the cabinet.
- Inventive climate system (8) for long term reliability. The lower louvers have a combination of a polymeric fine filter and a PTC thermoelement, which creates a moving air stream to the upper louvers. This air stream always evens out the day and night effect. The bottom of the cabinet has 5 drainage holes with micro filter preventing water gathering in case of any condensation.
- Inventive protection system (9) from water ingress via the outgoing drive shaft;
the EOA501TVS MOTOR DRIVE WITH AUTO SECTIONALIZING HAS THE FOLLOWING COMPONENTS:
- Wide body cabinet;
- EOA501 motor mechanism (1);
- Motor control board (2);
- Temperature compensated battery charger (UPS) (3);
- MCB’s for input power and battery (4);
- Start button for UPS;
- Batteries AGM type 2 x 12V 20 AH (5);
- Internal ventilation system with special filter (6);
- Heating system (7);
- Lightning protection for the antenna connector;
- Li-Ion batteries for high temperature climate zones, 2 x 12.8 V 20 AH;
- Input power (110 or 230V) surge arresters;
- Communication unit option A: GIO-100 GSM/4G/LAN Router with IEC60870-5-104 signalling protocol and IPSec encryption and IP filtering;
- Communication unit option B: GIO-200 GSM/4G/LAN Router with IEC60870-5-104 signalling protocol and IPSec and Open VPN encryption and IP filtering;
THE EOA501TVS MOTOR DRIVE WITH AUTO SECTIONALIZING EXTERNAL ACCESSORIES:
- Rugged mounting brackets (1) for different pole types;
- NEW! Cable multiplexer system (2) for connecting modern remote blocking motor drive with 6 or 14 wire system to an old 3-cables SCADA system. See details here;
- NEW! Grounding system cable theft alarm (3) sends immediate notification to the SCADA system when the grounding system is missing. See details here;
- Antenna set for GSM/4G including: antenna, multi band professional glass fibre rod; pole mounted bracket for antenna; antenna cable 8M RG-213 N-N professional connectors and surge arresters for antenna N-N connectors;
- Voltage transformer for 6/12kV, 22/27kV and 33/40kV phase to phase connected, epoxy insulated with pole mounting brackets;
- Insulations transformator 230/230 VAC
- Surge arresters for 6/15kV, 22/27kV and 33/40kV with mounting brackets;
- Drop out fuses (4) for 6/15kV, 22/27kV and 33/40kV with mounting brackets;
For installation pictures click here.