The VX4 series of kiosk/substation vacuum circuit breaker is intended to be used in transformer substations and switching points. It has a wide range of accessories as truck’s, different types of connection arms and contacts, commissioned with or without integrated current transformers. The VX4 circuit breaker series includes the models for the voltage range 6/12kV and 22/24kV and is built to remain in operation for more than 30 years without major maintenance.
- Non enclosed switch for extra safety
- Small foot print
- Operation On and Off with full load without electric power
- Solid insulated. No harmful SF6 gas
- Frame of "Marine grade" premium stainless steel
- Epoxy bushings with silicon insulation
Hughes' VX4 series of kiosk/substation vacuum circuit breakers is designed and manufactured in Sweden for use in underground distribution lines, in distribution substation applications and as an advanced Smart Grid building block.
VX4 can be equipped with Hughes control units for a simple remote control or with Hughes recloser control unit to form a recloser/sectionalizer.
The VX4 kiosk vacuum circuit breaker MODEL RANGE:
The VX4 kiosk vacuum circuit breaker of the latest generation has the following advantages:
- Low maintenance. Hughes reclosers are built to remain in operation for more than 30 years without major maintenance due to the highest quality materials used in its construction;
- Live tank construction (1). It completely eliminates the occurrence of internal arc faults and the risk of explosion or destruction inside the recloser switch tank. That makes it repairable in case one of the poles is damaged. It provides improved cooling of the vacuum interrupters due to unhindered air circulation. It has the increased creepage distance that allows the use of reclosers in an environment with a 4th degree of atmospheric pollution and cleaning of insulation without dismantling;
- Solid epoxy insulation of bushings and insulators is environmentally friendly, does not contain harmful SF6 gas or oil;
- Vacuum interrupter bottles can handle 25kA faults for 3s guarantee long term problem free operation in networks with many high current faults;
- Highest quality stainless steel (2) is used for most of the parts to minimize electrochemical corrosion. The use of stainless steel in accordance with DIN50049 / 3.1B, thanks to its non-magnetic properties, completely eliminates the occurrence of any kind of corrosion, including electrochemical corrosion over the entire life of the recloser;
- Spring stored energy operating mechanism provides turning On and Off the switch module even in the complete absence of power supply (voltage transformer malfunction, full battery discharge);
- Manual charging (3) of the spring mechanism as well as switch operation On and Off are possible with the help of maneuvering arms located on a switch body. The spring capacity is enough for the full reclosing cycle (Off - On - Off);
- Padlock facility (4) for mechanical blocking of operation;
- Same footprint as ABB NAL load break switch;
- Truck mount (5) for simple maintenance (optional);
- Simple connection to the bus bar (6) or cable (several custom options);
- Simple installation in existing switch bays and kiosks;